Many insurers and third-party administrators utilize the services of third-party vendors to process payment or denial of medical bills. A recent Industrial Claim Appeals Office case awarding penalties against a self-insured employer for failure of the third-party vendor to process payment or denial of medical bills within the deadlines imposed by the Workers’ Compensation Rules […]
Have a legal question? Send us an email today!
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced that effective January 19, 2013, it will begin referencing the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Table 1: Life table for the total population: United States, 2008, for Workers’ Compensation Medicare Set-aside Arrangement (WCMSA) life expectancy calculations. This means that for any newly submitted WCMSA proposal […]
- ICAO Sets Aside Permanent Total Disability Benefits Award for Failure to Endorse Issue at Time of Hearing on Permanent Partial Disability Benefits
- New Address for Office of Administrative Courts and Hearings in Colorado Springs
- Court of Appeals upholds Administrative Law Judge’s application of “Significant Causative Factor” Test to Deny Permanent Total Disability Benefits to a Worker Without Prior Permanent Restrictions
- Today OSHA Celebrates National Young Worker Safety Day
- New OSHA Alliance Intended to Protect Safety & Health of Transgender Workers