The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced that it will re-evaluate an approved Medicare Set-aside Arrangement if the claimant or the submitter believes that the CMS determination (1) contains obvious mistakes, such as mathematical errors or a failure to recognize that medical records already submitted show a surgery CMS priced already has […]
Have a legal question? Send us an email today!
In what is sure to be relief to almost everyone, the Division of Workers’ Compensation has repealed W.C.R.P. 5-11(B), which required adjusters to file a Final Payment Notice within 60 days after the claim has closed. Therefore, effective April 1, 2013, Final Payment Notices no longer are required to be filed.
Colorado House Bill Seeks to Prevent Employers from Requiring Employees to Release Passwords to Social Networking Sites
Posted by: Steven J. Picardi, Esq. Date: February 11, 2013 The Colorado House of Representatives has introduced a bill which would prohibit an employer from requiring an employee or applicant for employment to disclose a user name, password, or other means for accessing a personal account or service through an electronic communications device (the bill […]
In an effort to expand workers’ compensation coverage to employees of uninsured subcontractors or lessees injured while performing services for an insured general contractor, § 8-41-401(1)(a)(I) of the Workers’ Compensation Act of Colorado provides that any person, company or corporation which conducts any business by leasing or contracting out any part of its work to […]
- ICAO Sets Aside Permanent Total Disability Benefits Award for Failure to Endorse Issue at Time of Hearing on Permanent Partial Disability Benefits
- New Address for Office of Administrative Courts and Hearings in Colorado Springs
- Court of Appeals upholds Administrative Law Judge’s application of “Significant Causative Factor” Test to Deny Permanent Total Disability Benefits to a Worker Without Prior Permanent Restrictions
- Today OSHA Celebrates National Young Worker Safety Day
- New OSHA Alliance Intended to Protect Safety & Health of Transgender Workers