As always, there are several amendments to the Act this year. The Division has posted an advisory memorandum that can be found at the following link. Senate Bill 13-157 clarifies the definition of statutory-employer as it applies to injuries occurring on the premises of a “buyer of goods.” As discussed in a separate posting to […]
Have a legal question? Send us an email today!
The Division IME statute has been amended to include a new timeframe and procedure for responding to a DIME report. The Division has posted an instructive memo that can be found here. In a nutshell, a respondent’s time to respond to a Division IME report no longer is based upon the date the physician mails […]
Posted by: Clay Thornton, Esq. Date: June 26, 2013 In Crigger v. Denver Health, W.C. No. 4-770-747 (ICAO, May 6, 2013), the respondent filed a final admission of liability admitting for Permanent Partial Disability benefits based upon the Division IME’s findings. Within the statutory period for objecting, the claimant filed an application for hearing listing […]
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Compliance (CMS) has issued a document titled WCMSA Top Submission Errors and Helpful Hints which lists the most frequent errors contained in WCMSA proposals as well as tips/hints to increase the likelihood of a speedy approval of a WCMSA. The document can be found by clicking here.
- ICAO Sets Aside Permanent Total Disability Benefits Award for Failure to Endorse Issue at Time of Hearing on Permanent Partial Disability Benefits
- New Address for Office of Administrative Courts and Hearings in Colorado Springs
- Court of Appeals upholds Administrative Law Judge’s application of “Significant Causative Factor” Test to Deny Permanent Total Disability Benefits to a Worker Without Prior Permanent Restrictions
- Today OSHA Celebrates National Young Worker Safety Day
- New OSHA Alliance Intended to Protect Safety & Health of Transgender Workers