Smaller cities that are focused on a certain industry tend to be the most dangerous for American workers, as they are where the most fatal work injuries and occupational illnesses tend to arise (according to data gathered by various federal agencies). In fact, recently released data indicates that the following are the deadliest cities for American workers (with the following fatal workplace injury rates reported in deaths per every 1,000,000 people in the city’s population):
- Midland, TX, which reportedly has a fatal workplace injury rate of 85.53
- Mount Vernon-Anacortes, WA, with a reported fatal work injury rate of 84.67
- Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX, with a reported fatal work injury rate of 35.85
- Huntington-Ashland, WV/KY/OH, with a reported fatal work injury rate of 34.77
- Green Bay, WI, with a reported fatal work injury rate of 32.31
- Anchorage, AK, with a reported fatal work injury rate of 30.97
- New Orleans, LA, with a reported fatal work injury rate of 30.22
- Grand Rapids, MI, with a reported fatal work injury rate of 23.09
- Tulsa, OK, , with a reported fatal work injury rate of21.12
- Nashville, TN, with a reported fatal work injury rate of 20.41.
While these rates of fatal work injuries may be shocking at first glance, delving into the specific industry that each of these locations is primarily based on sheds more light on these statistics. Specifically:
- Midland, Tulsa, Beuamont and Anchorage are all home to the oil industry, which includes jobs that are among the top 10 deadliest for all workers.
- Mount Vernon is home to the construction industry, which includes jobs that are among the top 5 deadliest for all workers.
- Huntington, Green Bay, Grand Rapids and Nashville are home to various manufacturing industries, which includes jobs that are among the top 5 deadliest for all workers.
It’s important to point out that, while the above-listed cities are currently considered to be the deadliest for employees due to their high workplace death rates, there are precautions employers can and should be taking to protect their workers. Regardless, however, when people are injured on their job, the attorneys at the Law Office of Steven J. Picardi are here to defend their rights to compensation.
Denver Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Workers who suffer a personal injury on the job desire competent medical treatment and compensation to cover their lost wages as a result of their injuries. Because workers’ compensation requirements can be rigorous and confusing for both workers and for self-insured corporations, it is important to obtain legal counsel to help navigate the obstacles.
With more than 30 years of combined workers’ compensation experience, the Denver workers’ compensation attorneys at the Law Office of Steven J. Picardi have extensive knowledge of Colorado workers’ compensation law, strong credentials and a significant record of success that consistently allowed them to effectively defend employers and represent injured employees in all phases of workers’ compensation litigation. Our firm’s lawyers remain abreast of the latest changes in workers’ compensation laws and are ready to use their skills and knowledge to your advantage.
For experienced legal advocacy in defending or filing a workers’ compensation claim, contact the Picardi Law Firm for a consultation by calling (303) 778-8881 or by emailing us using the form at the top of the screen.