Due to the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), effective January 1, 2014, all restrictions on barbiturate indications will be lifted and any medically accepted indication will have coverage under the Medicare Part D Benefit. Therefore, CMS will begin allocating barbiturates for all medically accepted indications within WCMSAs (barbiturates currently are limited to the treatment of epilepsy, cancer, or a chronic mental health disorder). This change probably will increase the costs of any WCMSA in which barbiturates have been prescribed to treat the industrial injury.
Home > Blog > Uncategorized > The Affordable Care Act (a/k/a Obamacare) affects Workers’ Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangements
Have a legal question? Send us an email today!
The Affordable Care Act (a/k/a Obamacare) affects Workers’ Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangements
About Steven J Picardi, Esq.
- ICAO Sets Aside Permanent Total Disability Benefits Award for Failure to Endorse Issue at Time of Hearing on Permanent Partial Disability Benefits
- New Address for Office of Administrative Courts and Hearings in Colorado Springs
- Court of Appeals upholds Administrative Law Judge’s application of “Significant Causative Factor” Test to Deny Permanent Total Disability Benefits to a Worker Without Prior Permanent Restrictions
- Division of Workers’ Compensation Electronic Filing Moved to New Web Address
- Legislature Proposes New Tax to Fund Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program