The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced that it will begin referencing the Centers for Disease Control’s Table 1: Life Table for the total population: United States, 2009, to calculate life expectancies for all Workers’ Compensation Medciare Set-Aside Agreements, effective March 31, 2014. The CDC’s 2009 Life Tables may be found here.
Have a legal question? Send us an email today!
Updated Life Tables Required for WCMSAs
About Steven J Picardi, Esq.
- ICAO Sets Aside Permanent Total Disability Benefits Award for Failure to Endorse Issue at Time of Hearing on Permanent Partial Disability Benefits
- New Address for Office of Administrative Courts and Hearings in Colorado Springs
- Court of Appeals upholds Administrative Law Judge’s application of “Significant Causative Factor” Test to Deny Permanent Total Disability Benefits to a Worker Without Prior Permanent Restrictions
- Division of Workers’ Compensation Electronic Filing Moved to New Web Address
- Legislature Proposes New Tax to Fund Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program